Brasero Disc Burner For Linux.
Brasero Disc Burner, is included in Debian 8-11 and LMDE5 distributions and is 100% free open-source.
Brasero is a program for burning CD / DVD for the Gnome Desktop.
It is designed to be as easy as possible to use and has some unique features that enable users to create their discs easily and quickly.
NOTE: Unfortunately, Brasero does not support Blu-Ray burning.
Support for multiple backends about wanting them: cdrtools, growisofs and libburn (optional).
Note: Compilation against libburn is not enough; you must enable the backend through gsettings.
- Writes CD-TEXT information (automatically thanks to gstreamer)
- Supports the edition of CD-TEXT information
- Can burn audio CD on the go (On the go)
- Can use any audio files managed by Gstreamer (ogg, flac, mp3, ...)
- Can search for audio files inside dropped folders
- Full silence between the tracks
Data CD / DVD:
- Supports editing of RW discs content (delete / move / rename files in directories)
- Can burn data CD / DVD on the go (on the go)
- Automatic filtering for unwanted files (hidden files, broken / recursive symbolic links, files that do not conform to joliet default, etc.)
- Support for multisession
- Support for Joliet extensions
- Can write image to the hard drive (.iso image)
- Can check the file's integrity of the disc
- Delete CD / DVD
- Can save / load project
- Can burn CD / DVD images and cue files
- Audio, video and video previewers
- Automatic detection of devices thanks to HAL
- Attention to any file changes (requires kernel> 2.6.13)
- An adaptable GUI (when used with GDL)
- Supports drag / drop / CLICK and CLICK from Nautilus (file manager) and other applications.
- Can use files on a network as long as the protocol is handled by gnome-vfs
- Can search for files thanks to beagle (searches are based on keywords or file types.
- Can display a playlist and its contents (note that playlists are automatically searched by beagle)
- All discs IO take place asynchronously to prevent the program from blocking