Evince Document Viewer.
Evince document viewer for PDF, PostScript, DjVu, TIFF, XPS and DVI formats.
It was designed for the GNOME desktop environment and comes pre-installed with Debian 9 and 10, but not 11.
Evince also supports adding annotations to documents also supports recently viewed documents tabs.
Very simple to use and offering only the basic options.
Evince is also capable of displaying, adding and editing PDF annotations.
- Comic Book Archive (.cb7, .cbr, .cbt, and .cbz). Since Evince 42, it requires libarchive.
- DjVu (.djvu, .djv) using DjVuLibre.
- Device Independent file format (.dvi).
- Open XML Paper Specification (.oxps, .xps) using libgxps.
- Portable Document Format (.pdf) using Poppler.
- PostScript (.ps) using libspectre.
- Multi-Page TIFF (.tiff) using libtiff
Future planned support: MS Powerpoint using libpreview.
How to install using a terminal window:
sudo apt-get install evince