Gscan2pdf For Linux.
Gscan2pdf for Linux is an open source project that provides users with an easy to use, modern and powerful application for producing multi-page PDF and/or DjVu files from multiple scanned documents.
Features include the ability to scan any document type, produce single-page or multi-page PDF files, generate single-page or multi-page DjVu files, automatic creation of text resource files in the .gscan2pdf format, compress temporary files, email PDFs, print documents and much more.
License: GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)
Latest version: 2.13.2 released April 23rd, 2023.
- Compatible with any SANE-capable scanner
- Crop, threshold & clean up scan
- Reorder pages via DND
- Write multi-page scan to PDF, DjVu or TIFF
- Write single scans to any format supported by ImageMagick
- Ocropus & tesseract support
- Place OCR output at boundary boxes supplied by Ocropus
- Incorporate PDF metadata in filename
How to install via a terminal window:
Older version in Debians repository: 2.11
sudo apt-get install gscan2pdf
Press Enter, done.