Ranger File Manager For Linux.
Ranger is another good choice if you are looking for a console file manager. It has a vim like interface, preview of the selected file or directory, bookmarks mouse support and tabbed view.
The goal is an easily maintainable file manager in a high level language, a quick way to switch directories and browse the file system, keep it small, but useful, console-based, with a smooth integration into the unix shell.
- UTF-8 Support (if your Python copy supports it).
- Multi-column display.
- Preview of the selected file/directory.
- Common file operations (create/chmod/copy/delete/...).
- Renaming multiple files at once.
- VIM-like console and hotkeys.
- Automatically determine file types and run them with correct programs.
- Change the directory of your shell after exiting ranger.
- Tabs, bookmarks, mouse support...
Latest version: 1.93
Download from here if you want the latest version.
How to install via a terminal window:
This will install version: 1.9.3
sudo apt-get install ranger