SpeedCrunch calculator is a fast, high precision and powerful open source desktop calculator, written in C++.
SpeedCrunch is easy to use, just type the expression that you want to calculate and press Enter. The result is shown in the scrollable display. You can quickly copy the last calculation result to the clipboard using Ctrl+R.
Beside standard algebraic operators like + (addition), – (subtraction), * (multiplication), * (division), ^ or ** (power), there is support for other functions for example sin, log, abs, and many more.
Advanced calculation sometimes needs a memory feature. SpeedCrunch therefore allows a variable to hold a calculation result.
It is not available in Debians repository.
NOTE: The author provides 32-bit, 64-bit .deb, rpm etc.
- Scrollable display.
- Up to 50 decimal precisions to ensure fewer rounding errors.
- Unlimited variable storage.
- Intelligent automatic completion of functions and variables.
- Full keyboard-friendly with keyboard shortcuts to speed up tasks.
- More than 150 built-in maths function including abs, sqrt, pi, log, exp, ln, sin, cos, tan, sinh, cosh, tanh, asin, acos, atan, arsinh, arcosh, and artanh.
- Supports calculations involving complex numbers
- Includes a powerful system for units and unit conversions. It provides an extensive list of built-in units and easily allows you to define your own.
- Built-in formula book allows to you to review and insert commonly used formulas, such as the volume of a cone.
- Optional keypad.
- On-the-fly calculation.
- Customizable appearance.
- Syntax highlight, with parentheses matching.
- History of last expressions.
- A special variable ‘ans’ holds the last calculation result.
- Angle mode: Alt+D for degrees, Alt+R for radians.
- Inside an immediate tooltip, calculate the result of the selected text.
- Save and restore sessions.
- Dock windows serving as a browsable mathematics manual, with geometry figures, quadratic equation etc.
- Uses a simple JSON-based file format for colour scheme definitions.
- Cross-platform support – Linux, macOS and Windows supported.
How to install via a terminal window:
First download the 64-bit .deb-package here.
sudo dpkg -i SpeedCrunch-0.12-linux64.deb
Press Enter, done.